MSc in Sustainable Food Production Systems
The project aims at building the capacities of higher education institutions in Western Balkans countries, in order to help them offer curricula aligned with the needs of the labour market and society. The objective of the project is the development and the implementation of a new Joint MSc programme on “Sustainable Food Production Systems” (STEPS), which will be linked with the national – and regional – priorities of the countries involved.
The scope of the preparatory tasks is to analyse the needs of stakeholders, the structure and the content of relevant MSc programmes at national, European and international level, and identify and analyse “best practices” on the links of education with the world of work, national strategies and rural societies. The objective is to meet stakeholders’ needs through the development of scientific background and competencies of graduates. The STEPS programme will be a blend of courses on engineering, management, economic and social sciences, structured according to the Bologna convention.
Courses will be designed and developed based on modern educational methodologies and ICT tools. Seminars will be organised for transferring and exchanging knowledge between peers, aiming at improving the quality of education offered by HEIs and also, their capacity to innovate and increase their participation in European and international projects. The joint degree programme will be applied for accreditation in the national authorities and agencies. The programme will be delivered, monitored and evaluated, based on standards and guidelines of the European Higher Education Area. A dissemination campaign will focus on raising the awareness of project results and exploitation tasks will be devoted to ensure their sustainability after the project lifetime. Coherent management with transparent processes and responsibilities clear decision-making and conflict resolution procedures will ensure the successive implementation of the project.
- Project title: STEPS: MSc in Sustainable Food Production Systems
- Project number: no. 598963-EPP-1-2018-1-AL-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
- Duration: 15.01.2019-14.01.2023
- Scope: International
- Programme: Erasmus+
- Sub-programme: KA 2-Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
- Action: Capacity Building in higher education
- Project Leader:
- Agricultural University of Tirana, Albania
- Contact: Prof. Dr. Renata Kongoli
- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The main objectives of this project are:
- Development of a new MSc programme in Sustainable Food Production Systems (STEPS) Harmonization of the STEPS structure and courses design with the Bologna convention.
- Professional development of scientific staff of Western Balkans HEIs through the transfer of knowledge and experience of EU partners.
- Development of modernized curricula and delivery of knowledge through the utilization of ICT-based tools and modern teaching/learning environments.
- Development of ICT Centres.
- Development of laboratories of “Food Quality Control” and “Food Production Systems Management”.
- Delivery of advanced knowledge of food productions systems, by highlighting the sustainability aspects of food engineering and management.
- Development of bonds and networks among HEIs and stakeholders.